Sunday 27 November 2011

Anne Boleyn, Work in Progress 1

November has been very busy for work reasons, and it looks as though it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable.  I haven't done as much painting as I would have liked, but I have unpacked the Airfix 1/12 scale Anne Boleyn and basecoated with Testor's Dullcote:
Not too many pieces, and some of the details are going to be quite challenging.  I learned from experience with Beth's Stuka that relatively large expanses of Airfix plastic don't always take acrylics very well, which is why I used Dullcote.
The box is the original 70s item...



...complete with original sheet of instructions.  And just to prove how old it is:
A small advertisement that was still in the box.  This poorer quality paper hasn't lasted quite so well!

6 comments:

  1. I built a couple of Airfix 1/12th; I love the Black Prince one. Very nice raised designs for the jupon. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dean, good to hear from you. Now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing that particular kit. I seem to remember making a Henry V, but it might have been the Black Prince - it was a very long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very curious, not your typical wargame type of fare, unless there is a 1/12 Henry Tudor lurking in the next corridor with an axe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Geordie, I hadn't thought of it like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it a sword? Very nice old model of Airfix, and like you said it will be a challenge. Maybe not in building it, but in painting it.
    Are you going to use the box-art as example?

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Peter, you're right, it was a sword. Although of course old Henry would always get someone else to do his dirty work for him...

    I'm going to try to follow the box art as much as I can. You're right about painting it being a challenge!

    ReplyDelete