Sunday 1 June 2014

On the Painting Tray: June 2014

Finishing the Alaudae (80 figures).  Also starting a mounted legate for the same legion, plus maybe five casualty figures.  Then onto the first of Caesar's elite legions - another 80 figures plus legate.  That should keep me going for a while.  I really should also contribute to the Leibster Blog Award thingie that's doing the rounds again.  The thing is, I paint little and often, because I don't get much time in any one go at the moment; Leibster will require me to be able to sit at the computer for over an hour, which might be quite difficult to arrange.  Cathy needs it for her upcoming exam...

6 comments:

  1. Look forward to see the masses Alaudae. The latest Liebster thang is quite fun and worth doing if only to pick up on blogs you didn't know of, which is the point I suppose. Nice to get a nomination in any event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean. I think that if I am going to do it, I really should do it properly!

      Delete
  2. I don't know how you do it. I have just finished Cohort no. 6 of my legion, that is 56 figures. Alright I am also painting some early republicans. I just wish I could paint quicker, or get more time. And yours always look great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham, thanks for saying so. With me, it's mostly a case of little and often. Which early Republicans are you doing?

      Delete
    2. I picked up a pack of the Agema Miniatures Legionaries at Carronade. I have already done the Velites from the same company. They are very much the Scipio and later period. I took the figures I have completed into the club one night and they were well received. The figures are very finely sculpted and with realistic proportions so they are quite distinctive. They would not mix in the same unit as metal figures. Are you looking for a review?

      Delete
    3. Hi Graham, a review would be great. I'm still working my way through the backlog of material, and more keeps coming in. I'm hoping to have a really good idea where to go with it after this weekend. So far, though, I don't think we have a review for these guys.

      Thanks for volunteering!
      Paul

      Delete